This summer, I plan to explore the theme of open-mindedness, through spontaneous and temporary interactions with the environment and the people at Vinalhaven. The result of this exploration will be a series of Podcast episodes, that provides a view of a few people at their childlike state, before the mindset interferes with its deterministic views of the world.
The following is the structure of one episode: (The specifics will be further developed during the residency)
- I introduce a guest who will share what they do, and their accomplishments as an adult. (the guest will be someone new I meet at the residency)
- Followed by fade-in music as if being hypnotized back to childhood
- The guest shares a game they had played as a child, that they invented to play by herself or with someone else.
- The guest and I reenact that game during recording
- The guest and I discuss if the game has any meaning in the guest’s life in retrospect, and reflect on open-mindedness
The podcast project is an attempt to reach a state of open-mindedness, by rewriting a person’s life story, by the act of reflecting on her childhood games.